Wednesday nights – a variety of pub grub meals are available: no booking is required.
POYC Weekly activities and menu 14 to 18 January 2019
With the festive season over and our routines returning to normal, we have once again enjoyed the club’s usual week, with the catering being typically excellent.
- On Wednesday, we are all delighted, Dariol was back with her delicious pub grub.
- Friday night saw us being treated to a superb meal by Cheryl and Andrew Mestern: the steak dinner was nothing short of superb, and it was followed by a grilled nectarine dessert which was a glorious blend of textures and flavours. We take our hats off to you!
- In the near future: In two weeks’ time, on 26 and 27 January, we host the Port Owen River Race, a dinghy race. This annual event is thoroughly enjoyed by the youngsters and their families who visit our club to enjoy sailing in the river and the bay, if the weather permits. Many of them camp out around the club, making this a fun weekend away for them. A number of participants arrive on Friday evening and join in our dinner. We treat them to breakfasts and simple lunches. On Saturday night they have a casual meal here: our members are most welcome to join in – more information will be provided next week. Please do plan to slot this into your social calendar.
The coming week’s menus are:
- Wednesday 16 January – Dariol’s tasty pub grub.
- Friday 18 January – Ed will be back from Durban with a load of fresh spices! His curries are very popular, for a good reason.
Main course: Beef curry, chicken curry, rice, bread, sambals. This curry is very mild, and accompanied by medium and hot sauces for those who are braver.
- If you would like to join the meal but don’t eat curry, let us know and we’ll provide an alternative.
- Dessert: Ice cream with butterscotch sauce.
- Cost: R70.00 per person.
Please book by no later than Thursday 12:00, with Dariol, by WhatsApp or sms at 076 592 3210, or firstname.lastname@example.org.